Login  |  Register  |  Search

A Gathering at the First Co-Op

A Gathering at the First Co-Op

Customers and employees paused from their activities for this photo in Esko’s first Co-Op Store in the early 1930s.  The store, built by the Cloquet Co-Op Store Society on property acquired in 1926, was on the site of today’s Stitch-It Design on the north side of Highway 61West. The Co-Op also had a nearby warehouse for feed and merchandise. Confronted with the loss of valuable frontage when Highway 61 was expanded from two to four lanes in 1949, the Co-Op built a new store on the highway just east of Canosia Road, the site of today’s Eskomo Pies.     

Uploaded: Fri Dec 31, 2010 @ 11:31AM by Davis Helberg

Code:

powered by Doodlekit™ Free Website Maker