Login  |  Register  |  Search

The Ol' Harney Hole

The Ol' Harney Hole

It was called the Harney Hole and, despite a mucky bottom strewn with boulders, it was probably the Midway River’s most popular swimming spot for many years. A big boulder formation near the center of the pond was known as “the barber chair.” It was a rite of passage to actually sit in the chair, but even the tallest swimmer’s head would still be submerged. The site, no longer open to the public, is just west of the Midway River bridge on the Marks Road. This photo is from a 1939-1942 Future Farmers of America scrapbook donated to the Esko Historical Society by longtime resident Eddie Davidson. (Esko Historical Society photo)    

Uploaded: Tue Jan 25, 2011 @ 04:31PM by Davis Helberg

Code:

powered by Doodlekit™ Free Website Maker